Down Payment Resource Job Posting: DPA Program Specialist
Workforce Resource LLC d/b/a Down Payment Resource® is seeking a DPA Program Specialist responsible for collecting, monitoring and managing detailed eligibility data and program requirements about down payment assistance programs offered by nonprofits, municipalities and similar organizations throughout the U.S.
The DPA Program Specialist is also tasked with creating awareness and understanding of our company’s products and services for mortgage lenders, real estate professionals and consumers alike through collaborative relationships with the administrators of down payment assistance programs.
The DPA Program Specialist will engage in frequent phone and email contact with DPA program representatives and perform ongoing research to maintain current and accurate information about the funding status, eligibility requirements, repayment terms, published guidelines, contact information and other data relied upon by lenders, real estate agents and consumers. Data is translated to and maintained within our proprietary database to drive the web products that Down Payment Resource® builds.
This position will directly support the company mission and the Operations team’s initiatives by leveraging existing materials and resources to educate down payment assistance providers about our services and build rapport with their staff and leadership toward a common goal of raising awareness and utilization of affordable lending opportunities.
• Research DPA programs online to gather specific details about program guidelines, requirements and funding status.
• Build collaborative relationships with DPA program providers to raise awareness and usage of their programs among lenders, real estate agents and consumers.
• Proactively call on DPA program providers to start and build those relationships.
• Collect, interpret and input program data into our unique DPA database, updated on a monthly basis.
• Monitor programs for changes and ensure the accuracy of program details over time.
• Expand DPA program provider contacts and ensure consistent communication.
• Win over uncooperative or unresponsive potential DPR partners.
• Spread the Down Payment Resource mission of ensuring that anyone interested in homeownership is aware of all of their down payment options.
The DPA Program Specialist reports to our Director of Operations & Customer Support and will work closely with our research and data management team.
• Mortgage Finance: Experience in the mortgage industry, for example as a housing counselor, closer, processor or underwriter.
• DPAs: Exposure to the language and requirements of down payment assistance programs (DPAs) in particular is preferred.
• Remote: Ability to work remotely.
• Independent: Self-starter who is successful at working independently with team and leadership support.
• Patient: Ability to manage repetitive data input and communication tasks on a monthly basis.
• Quick Study: Able to manage and input data in our unique DPA program database.
• Home Buying: Thorough understanding of the home buying process and requirements.
• Results: Proven ability to work in a collaborative, results-oriented environment and ensure data quality.
• Flexible: Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and contribute to unexpected projects and opportunities as they arise.
• Details: Attentive to the nuances and details of widely varying DPA requirements that lenders rely upon to successfully onboard and operationalize DPA programs.
• Clerical: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
• Mission-Driven: Believes in the value and purpose of down payment assistance programs and is willing to advocate and evangelize for DPAs, even among detractors.
• Creative: Desires to simplify complex industry challenges in a niche sector of the housing industry!
Salary range is between $60,000 to $70,000 per year subject to experience.
Please remit resumes to email@example.com.
Follow Down Payment Resource on LinkedIn for updates.