Ruby on Rails Full Stack Developer
Down Payment Resource® (DPR) seeks an experienced Ruby on Rails Software Developer to take a major role in maintaining and enhancing our suite of web-based products for the affordable housing finance industry.
DPR produces and maintains a comprehensive, nationwide, curated database of down payment assistance and affordable homeownership programs and provides tools for homebuyers, mortgage lenders and real estate professionals to match buyers with programs for which they qualify. Use of a down payment assistance program can often be the determining factor that makes homeownership possible. Our mission is to ensure that every aspiring homebuyer is aware of these programs and the full range of financing options available to them.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Design and develop future additions and enhancements to DPR’s product suite under guidance from our Product Management and Technology teams.
- Maintain existing code base and troubleshoot issues.
- Develop automated tests for existing code base as well as new code.
- Establish and maintain a continuous integration pipeline.
- Monitor and benchmark application performance to identify bottlenecks and implement solutions.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies.
Skills, knowledge and experience required for this position include:
- 2+ years of demonstrable software development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Mastery of the Ruby language
- Strong familiarity with core Rails components
- Solid grasp of OOP concepts and design patterns
- Ability to produce clean, maintainable, efficient code
- Competence in test-driven development
- Strong knowledge of:
- Relational databases and SQL
- Docker and container architecture
- AWS technologies: EC2, S3, ECS, RDS
- Git version control
- Continuous integration technologies
Additional desired skills and knowledge include familiarity with:
- PHP and WordPress internals
- Jira and related SDLC tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Virtual (work-from-home) work environment
- Metro Atlanta preferred, but not required
- Up to $100k, depending on experience
Please submit resumes to email@example.com, attention: Perry Flinn.
Follow Down Payment Resource on LinkedIn for updates.