At Down Payment Resource, we are committed to providing you with the most updated and accurate information on down payment assistance programs. In our most recent Down Payment Report, we spoke to Dr. Jessica Lautz, Vice President of Demographics and Behavioral Insights for the National Association of REALTORS®, about the obstacles first-time homebuyers may be facing in the new year.
Here’s what you’ll find in this issue of the Down Payment Report:
- Commentary: Creating first-generation homeownership.
- Down Payment Interview: Dr. Jessica Lautz, Vice President of Demographics and Behavioral Insights for the National Association of REALTORS®, discusses what 2022 looks like for first-time homebuyers.
- Congress is close to creating the most ambitious federal down payment assistance program in history, and the first exclusively for first-generation and first-time buyers.
- Potential single women homebuyers are falling victim to economic woes generated by the pandemic.
- Based on a recent study, a rise in rental applications makes it seem like many first-time buyers are giving up on their dream of homeownership.
- High home prices encourage a boom in co-buying.
- FHFA and FHA loan limits will rise 18 percent in 2022.
- Legislation has been introduced to restore the PMI deduction.
- DPA program news and updates from across the country.